For many people dealing with vertigo and its symptoms, the root cause is a viral infection. The most effective way to deal with it is to wait until the virus is gone, just as you would do with any other viral infection. Dizziness is obviously treatable but it is crucial to identify its cause first. The ENT Specialist in NCR Delhi can run multiple tests on people, such as an eye movement test that will measure the movements of the eyes to detect abnormalities in the vestibular system. This system is responsible for balancing and detecting the eye movement. There are multiple safe and highly effective treatments including physical therapy, medication, dietary changes, exercise, and many more. It entirely depends on your physician to choose any surgical intervention. You can get the Best ENT Specialist Hospital in Ghaziabad to treat your condition. If you are experiencing short, long-lasting, severe, or recurring dizziness episodes, then you can consult an ENT specialist.
When To Consult ENT specialists For Treating Dizziness?
Around 40% of adults experience dizziness which is serious enough to report to their doctors. According to the ENT Specialist in NCR Delhi, adults commonly complain about dizziness while seeking treatment. It can be triggered by various health conditions including viral bacterial infections, inner ear disorder, reactions to specific medicines, etc. You can consult the Best ENT Specialist Hospital in Ghaziabad for dizziness in either of the cases mentioned below:
- If the cause of dizziness is not identified by your physician or primary care provider
- If you are constantly experiencing buzzing in your ears, hearing loss, pressure in your ears, head, conductive hearing loss, etc.
Ear conditions such as inner ear infections are the fundamental cause of dizziness. This can get severe, and it includes infection in the ears, nose, and throat. Apart from that, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), which is an inflammatory condition like Labyrinthitis, can be a result of inner ear infection.
Diagnosis And Meniere's Disease Treatment
Identifying the preliminary cause of dizziness is a complex process because multiple factors can affect the balance of the body. Most often, the diagnosis requires various tests to run. ENT begins when the physical exam and medical history of the patient are completed. Usually, dizziness gets better with proper treatment, balance exercises, and medication. With certain prescriptions, the symptoms of dizziness become highly manageable. When the diagnosis is done in a patient, specific Tinnitus and other treatment recommendations are recommended to them. Some of the common treatment options are inclusive of:
- Water pills: If the patient has Meniere's disease, then the doctor can prescribe a water pill (diuretic). This medication along with a low salt diet will help to reduce dizziness episodes
- Medication to relieve nausea: The doctor can prescribe medicines like antihistamines, anticholinergics, etc., to give instant relief from dizziness, nausea, and vertigo.
- Anti-anxiety and preventive medication: Alprazolam and Diazepam are benzodiazepine drugs that can be given by the doctor.
- Lifestyle and dietary changes: These can significantly help to minimize the symptoms of vertigo.
- Physical therapy and exercises: These help to compensate for the dizziness symptoms and to re-establish the balance of the body.
- Surgical treatments: In extreme dizziness situations, surgical treatments are used. When all the potential options do not help relieve the condition, then surgery is performed.
The surgical procedures include injection and removing the inner ear sense organ to relieve the patients. The doctor injects the ear with antibiotic gentamicin to eliminate the balance function. Similarly, to remove the inner sense organ, a labyrinthectomy procedure is performed to disable the vestibular labyrinth.
How ENT doctors Can Treat dizziness
Depending upon the condition and cause of dizziness, the ENT Hospital in Delhi will prescribe you the medicines. You can also receive physical therapy and instructions at your convenience. In any case, if Meniere's disease is identified, you will be advised to switch to a diet having high sodium. If a deficiency of vitamin D is identified, then supplementary changes in your diet will be recommended.
Visit A Local ENT Doctor In Delhi
If you are dealing with this condition, then it is highly recommended to take assistance from an expert physician. Santosh Hospitals invites you to consult their expertise and book your appointment now. You can also avail of their online consultation if you cannot physically visit the hospital. The hospital is specialized in treating patients with various physical conditions including dizziness.