Endometriosis is quite a painful condition in which tissue which are similar kind to the tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus, the endometrium starts growing outside your uterus. Endometriosis usually involves ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue lining your pelvis.
With endometriosis, the endometrial-like tissue acts as the normal tissue i.e it thickens, and breaks down during every menstrual cycle, but these shedding get no exit from the body and hence gets trapped. Eventually tissue scarring happens and leads to the sticking of this tissues and organs.
At times the symptoms of endometriosis can be confused with fibroids, to be sure of it make sure to consult experts from the Best Gynaecology Hospital in Ghaziabad and know the correct diagnosis.
Common symptoms of endometriosis usually include:
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea). Pelvic pain and cramping during and before menstrual period.
- Pain with intercourse. Pain during or after sex becomes very common.
- Pain with bowel movements or urination. This symptoms is mostly noticed during the presence of menstrual cycle
- Excessive bleeding.Women also experience heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles
- Infertility.Infertility is a great symptom too
- Other signs and symptoms.Fatigue, nausea, vomiting are very common
- Retrograde menstruation. In retrograde menstruation, the blood of menstrual cyclewhich contains the endometrial cells makes a way back through the fallopian tubes to the pelvis and doesn’t exit the body.
- Transformation of peritoneal cells.Hormones or immune factors trigger the change and the tissue lining of the abdomen turns into cells like endometrial.
- Embryonic cell transformation.In this case embryonic cells into endometrial-like cell implants
- Surgical scar implantation. After a surgery, such as a hysterectomy or C-section, endometrial cells may get attached to the incision site
- Endometrial cell transport. The blood vessels or tissue fluid can transport the cells to other body parts
- Immune system disorder.At times when there are problems with the immune system it can make the body unable to recognize and destroy the healthy tissues
- Never being able to give birth
- Commencement of period at an early age
- Going through menopause at an older age comparatively
- Short menstrual cycles compared to normal menstrual cycle length
- Heavy menstrual periods that is painful too
- Having higher levels of oestrogen
- Low body mass index
- History of family & Genetics
Endometriosis is noticed to develop in women after the onset of menstrual cycle.The signs and symptoms at certain times decrease and even disappear, for example at times of pregnancy, or even if you are in taking oestrogen. Treatments are different for every one, gynaecologists at the Gynaecology Hospital in NCR Delhi always suggest to undergo complete screening before starting a treatment on a assumption based diagnosis.