When Is The Best Time To Go For Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Contrary to what most of us might think, total knee replacement surgery can be life-changing for many people who have severe knee osteoarthritis.
Yes, knee osteoarthritis can ravage one’s life, how?
Well, to start with, the person will gradually have difficulty climbing stairs, walking, sitting, or even lying down. For people who have had enough, and since nothing works on them can consider going for the surgery because it can relieve the pain and they can enjoy life again freely. But that is only possible when you consult with topconsultants at the best orthopaedic hospital in Ghaziabad namely Santosh Hospitals.
Now, what most people fail to understand is when the right time is to go check with the doctor for a total knee replacement surgery.So here let us draw some insights to clear out the confusion.
Firstly, when is a total knee replacement surgery NOT required?
Let us start by taking a different approach here.
Truth be told, surgery is the last option. Doctors generally opt for less invasive procedures that don't disrupt daily routine as such, like the oral medication, creams, and ointments, some medicines are directly injected into the problematic area such as the corticosteroid injections and so on, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and exercise. In many cases, weight loss helps with knee osteoarthritis because every pound puts a lot of pressure on the knees and the process of degeneration starts aggravating.
If you are overweight then before performing the surgery doctors will suggest you lose weight in order to make the procedure a success. Taking nutritional supplements can ease your pain but it is a long-drawn process. If your problem gets solved with any of the above-mentioned treatments naturally then surgery is not required whatsoever.
When is the surgery suggested?
In case you have tried everything yet there is no respite from the pain and the perpetual discomfort, then a total knee replacement surgery is inevitable. A large number of patients undergo this surgery every year. This is a very common procedure with some risks involved. Before the procedure, the surgeon would want to check X-Ray and MRI reports of your knee to assess the amount of damage. They will also check your medical history to check for comorbidities after a thorough check-up surgery will be suggested.
What might happen if you don’t get operated?
While the debilitating effects of the surgery can be distressful temporarily, it can save you from other serious health problems from cropping up later on.
- Gradually the problem will escalate beyond knee joints and will ultimately make you immobile. Later on, it can affect the hip joints as well.
- Immobility will make you sedentary which will lead to other health issues such as obesity, heart diseases, poor digestion, constipation, poor blood circulation throughout the body, and so on.
- The muscles and ligaments will weaken which will cripple your ability to perform daily activities.
- Inflammation in the knee that won’t go away even with rest or medications.
- Your legs might change the normal shape such as the legs might look like a bow.
- Having problems in performing daily activities will lead to mental ailments such as depression or melancholy.
- NSAIDs will not be able to reduce the tremendous pain.
Do not suffer in silence anymore, but get yourself treated at Santosh Hospitals, the best knee replacement hospital in Ghaziabad known for their impressive track record of successful total knee replacement surgeries. The team of ace orthopaedic doctors will examine your condition to suggest the best possible solution that will change your life forever!