Patients Rights & Responsibilities
PATIENT RIGHTS :
- Patient & family rights include respecting values & beliefs, any special preferences, cultural needs, & responding to requests for spiritual needs.
- Patient & family rights include respect for personal dignity & privacy during examination, procedures & treatment.
- Patient & family rights include protection from neglect or abuse.
- Patient & family rights include treating patient information as confidential.
- Patient & family rights include the refusal of treatment.
- Patient & family rights include a right to seek an additional opinion regarding clinical care.
- Patient & family rights include informed consent before the transfusion of blood & blood components, anaesthesia, surgery, initiation of any research protocol & any other invasive/ high-risk procedures/treatment.
- Patient & family rights include a right to complain and information on how to voice a complaint.
- Patient & family rights include information on the expected cost of the treatment.
- Patient & family rights include access to their clinical records.
- Patient & family rights include information on the name of the treating doctor, care plan, progress & information on their health care needs.
- Patient & family rights include determining what information regarding their care would be provided to self & family.
PATIENTS RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide complete and accurate information about his / her health, including present condition, past illness, hospitalizations, medications and any other matters that pertain to his / her health.
- Provide complete and accurate information including full name, address and other information.
- To ask questions when he / she does not understand what the doctor or other member of the healthcare team tells about diagnosis or treatment.
- Abide by all hospital rules & regulations.
- Comply with the no-smoking & Visitors policy.
- Be considerable of noise levels, privacy, and safety. Weapons are prohibited on premises.
- Treat hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- To be on time in case of appointments. To cancel or reschedule as far in advance as possible in case of cancellation or rescheduling of the appointments.
- Not to give medication prescribed for him / her to others.
- To respect that admitted patient and patients requiring emergency care take priority for your doctor.
- To follow the prescribed treatment plan and carefully comply with the instructions given.
- To accept, where applicable, adaptions to the environment to ensure a safe and secure stay in hospital.
- To accept the measures taken by the hospital to ensure personal privacy and confidentiality of medical records.
- Not to take any medications without the knowledge of doctor and healthcare professionals.
- To understand the charter of rights and seek clarification, if any.
Book an appointment
Take a second opinion
Mr.TAG is here to help you!