Dr. V.K. Garg
Dr. V.K. Garg
Professor & HOD
- MBBS – Madras, JIPMER, 1982
- DD - Madras, JIPMER, 1986
- MD Dermatology - Madras, JIPMER, 1987
- MNAMS, MAMS(VIENNA)
Area of expertise
My expertise in diagnosing and treating various skin, hair, and nail disorders. I have expertise in managing dermatological conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin cancer, and conducting skin surgeries, as well as providing cosmetic dermatology services for enhancing skin appearance and health.
Dr. Vijay Kumar Garg, MD, Professor of Dermatology was the Head of Department of Dermatology and Venereology at Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi(India). His climb had been studded with hard and tireless work for the specialty. In the process he has multiple contributions to his credit. He has been the President of IADVL, Delhi State Branch, and as Organizing Secretary he organized the 33rd National Conference of IADVL along with the 4th South Asian Regional Conference Dermatology Conference, attended by more than 5000 delegates, in February 2005. He has been actively involved in various IADVL activities as a central council member for more than 6 years. Dr. Garg has more than 36 years of UG and PG teaching experience, more than 180 indexed publications, and 12 books to his credit. He has been an examiner to various universities and served as an expert and advisor to various recruitment bodies. He retired from MAMC in may 2018. He is currently Professor and Head in the Department of Dermatology, Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- First prize for P.S. Ranganathan.
- Memorial Prize for best paper on Psychosexual impact in married vitiligo presented in xv Annual conference of IASSTD held at Kochi Feb 9th, 10th, 1991.
- Life member of Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Life member IASSTD
- Life member of American Medical Society of Vienna
- Life member of American Academy of Dermatology
- President of IADVL, Delhi State Branch
- Organizing Secretary of the 33rd National Conference of IADVL along with the 4th SARC Dermatology Conference, attended by more than 5000 delegates
- Actively involved in various IADVL activities as a central council member for more than 6 years
- More than 180 indexed publications, and 12 books to his credit.
- Vijay K Garg & Kabir Sardana: Comprehensive Textbook of Dermatology, Printed and published by PEEPEE , Delhi, 2012.
- LASERS in Dermatological Practice Editors Kabir Sardana, Vijay K Garg Published by Jaypee Publishers, 2014
- Garg VK ,Sardana K. Editors .Exam Based MCQ in Dermatology .2 ndEdition .Peepee Publishers, 2012
- Sarkar R, Garg VK, Mysore VK. Position paper on mesotherapy.IADVL Guidelines Book on Dermatosurgery, Medknow Publishers, 1st Edition, 2011.
- Current Literature of Dermatology, Official Publication of IADVL Delhi State Branch (for 5 years 2006-10)