Dr. Tarun Malhotra
Dr. Tarun Malhotra
Professor & HOD
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College, University of Pune, Nov 1985
- Master of Surgery (Otolaryngology), INHS Asvini Hospital, University of Mumbai, Jan 1994
- Diplomate of National Board (Otolaryngology), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, Nov 1994
- More Than 24 years
Area of expertise
Expertise in the management of diverse ENT cases and center upgradation.
Regularly perform major middle ear and inner ear surgery.
I have been part of a well established Cochlear Implant Program at Asvini Hospital
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery:
Played a pivotal role in establishing Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery set up
at various centers.
Keenly perform phono-microsurgery, Coblation and OSA procedures.
Dr. Tarun Malhotra, an esteemed Professor and Head of the ENT Department, with over 24 years of experience. He completed his MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, and further specialized in Otolaryngology. Dr. Malhotra is well-versed in the management of diverse ENT cases, including otology-neurotology, endoscopic sinus surgery, and laryngology procedures. He has made significant contributions to the field of ENT, with numerous publications and research projects. Dr. Malhotra's expertise and achievements have played a pivotal role in advancing the ENT department and providing quality care to patients.
- Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (Mar-Jul 2006) and Neurotology (Jun-Dec 2009), under Dr.(Prof.Emeritus) Milind V. Kirtane.
- Mini-Fellowship in Complex middle ear surgery, Cochlear Implantation and Implantable hearing aids at the HNO Klinik, University of Wurzburg, Germany, Aug- Sep 2010.
- Mini-Fellowship in Laryngo-tracheal surgery at CHUV University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland, Sep-Oct 2010.
- Visiting Fellowship in the field of Otology -Neurotology, Advanced laryngology and Rhinology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, USA, May- June 2012.
- Malhotra T. et al. Ossicular Chain Reconstruction of Austin-Kartush Type A and B Defects using Titanium Prosthesis- Audiological and Anatomical Outcomes. Accepted for publication on 01 Jan, 2022 in J Mar Med Soc.
- Malhotra T. et al. Tympanoplasty in high-risk perforation and atelectatic ear using perichondrium-cartilage island graft and temporalis fascia : A comparative analysis. J Mar Med Soc 0;0:0.
- Kamal D, Thakur V, Malhotra T. Adverse events following ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 Vaccine (COVISHIELD) amongst health care workers: A prospective observational study. Medical Journal Armed Forces India; 77 (2021): S283-S288.
- Kamal D, Thakur V, Malhotra T. Acute Ischemic Stroke as Presenting Symptom in COVID-19 Patients- Case Series. Ann Community Health 2021; 9 (2): 311-314.
- Conducted the following projects as principal worker at INHS Asvini, under the aegis of Armed Forces Medical Research Committee (AFMRC), a National Research body.