Dr. Poonam Rani
Dr. Poonam Rani
- Bachelors of Occupational therapy from PDDUNIPPD, New Delhi
- Master of Occupational therapy (MOT_HAND REHABILITATION) from SVNIRTAR, Odisha
- former occupational therapist at Sarthak educational trust- early intervention center, Shalimar Garden Ghaziabad.
Area of expertise
Hand rehabilitation, splinting upper extremity, neuro rehabilitation, cognitive rehabilitation, developmental therapy, clinical experience in various developmental disabilities, genetic disorders, sensory processing disorders, cerebral palsy.
Presently working as Assistant professor, Santosh college of occupational therapy, Gzb. She had done bachelors from PDDUNIPPD, New Delhi and masters from SVNIRTAR, Odisha in hand rehabilitation. She has life membership of AIOTA. Has certified in PAMOT, attended various national conferences. Guided more than 30 students for their dissertation in the field of Occupational therapy, have more than 4 years of clinical experience.
She has attended various national conferences, seminars, workshop and webinars. She has successfully submitted his dissertation on “Effectiveness of bilateral arm training along with functional electrical stimulation for restoration of upper limb function and ADL performance in chronic stroke patient- A comparative study between dominant versus non-dominant hand”.
- certificate of participation in the seminar on “Therapeutic intervention in autism spectrum disorder” on 29th & 30th march, 2017 at PDUNIPPD, New Delhi.
- attended the continuing medical education on “Introduction to biostatistics using ‘R’ software” on 23/02/2019 at SVNIRTAR- Cuttack, Odisha.
- attended the continuing medical education on “Start up in Occupational therapy” on 04/03/2019 at SVNIRTAR- Cuttack, Odisha.
- attended the continuing medical education on “Electro & radio diagnosis” on 16/03/2019 at SVNIRTAR- Cuttack, Odisha.
- Continuing occupational therapy education organized by: UP Branch of AIOTA, certificate on “Three days advanced certificate course on Physical agent modalities: As an adjunct to Occupational therapy” from 29th march 2019 to 31st march 2019.
- attended the continuing medical education on “PNF technique and clinical applications for neuromuscular disorders” from 10/12/2019- 11/12/2019 at SVNIRTAR- Cuttack, Odisha.
- certificate of participation “webinar on Rehabilitation in neuromuscular disorders & orthotics in neurorehabilitation” on 27/04/2020.
- neurorehab webinar attended on “Neuroplasticity and early intervention” on 24/04/2020.
- neurorehab webinar attended on “Understanding autism, intervention & treatment options in autism” on 02/05/2020.
- certificate of attending the Celebration of Occupational therapy Month programme for the year of 2022. Santosh medical college and hospital.
- continuing education certificate, webinar on “Update on therapeutic management of extensor tendon injuries”. On May 6, 2020.
- attended the continuing medical education on “Telerehabilitation in Occupational Therapy-Challenges, perspective & opportunities” on 15th, 16th & 23rd august, 2020.
- continuing rehabilitation education, certificate of participation on “Assistive technology emphasizing abilities” organized by AIIMS, Delhi, under the aegis of Indian Association of Assistive technologies-IAAT. On 30th April 2023.
- certificate to completed 2 week online “Faculty development program on trends in Research & Scientific writing with grade-A from 26th June to 9th July 2023, organized by Indian spinal injuries-Institute of rehabilitation sciences, New Delhi.