Plastic surgery works by cutting & tightening the skin to generate dramatic and age-defying results. As the skin heals & nerve connections regrow, incisions can cause a temporary loss of sensation. How long does it take for the skin to restore sensation following plastic surgery? How do these skin changes make you feel? What to Expect Following Your Procedure? Let’s discuss it.
What Causes The Loss Of Sensation?
Your body is a network of nerves that transmit feelings to your brain from various places of your body. Any wound on your skin can cause this network to be disrupted. After surgery, these communication routes require time to rebuild and replenish.
Each patient's healing progresses at a different rate. The level of sensory loss and the speed with which the skin heals depends on the extent of your surgery and how quickly you recuperate. Smoking lowers blood oxygen levels and hinders the healing process. Smoking too soon following surgery can cause long-term problems.
How Long Does It Take The Skin To Regain Its Feeling?
- Liposuction: Loss of sensation following liposuction is uncommon. Within a few weeks of surgery, most patients are back to normal.
- Tummy tuck: Skin sensation changes are common after a tummy tuck, and they usually go away within two to six months. Changes in sensation between the scar line as well as between scarring and the belly button usually take the longest to resolve.
- Facelift: It's common to have feeling alterations around the incision sites after a facelift for up to 18 months. Many people begin to regain sensation three to six months following surgery, but don't be concerned if it takes longer.
- Breast augmentation and breast lift: Within two to three months post breast augmentation/breast lift surgery, the feeling returns to the breast skin. The nipple sensation may take longer to return. Incisions near the nipple are more likely than those under the breast and under the arm to induce long-term or permanent changes in breast feeling.
- Breast reduction: Within 2 to 3 months after surgery, many of our breast reduction patients regain sensation. Nipple sensitivity changes could endure a long time. If the sensation returns, it usually does so within the first year of surgery.
Our department currently serves as the primary referral center for DVL cases in Ghaziabad and the National Capital Region, as well as the neighboring rural population. On different days of the week, we hold specific clinics for vitiligo, contact dermatitis, psoriasis, leprosy, collagen vascular disease, vesiculobullous illness, and STDs.
Iontophoresis, cryosurgery, electrosurgery, chemical peeling, Diode & Nd Yag laser surgeries, chemical cautery (TCA), subcision, partial-thickness split skin grafting, dermabrasion (manual), platelet-rich plasma (PRP) equipment with centrifugation machine for mesotherapy, punch grafting, derma roller, and contact dermatitis kits are among the advanced and specialized surgical procedures available in the department. For the phototherapy of patients, specialized phototherapy chambers are offered.
Santosh Hospitals is indeed the best plastic surgery hospital in NCR Delhi. Contact Santosh Hospitals, the top cosmetic hospital in Delhi, to schedule a plastic surgery appointment and choose which operation is ideal for you.