Kidney Stones - Methods to Care and prevent
Your kidneys perform the vital function of purifying your blood by removing waste and fluid to make urine. Kidney stones form when there are too many waste materials in your blood, and the amount of fluid is low. Then, the waste materials collect together to form clumps called kidney stones. If you or anyone in your family has kidney stones, you should get a proper diagnosis and treatment from the Best General Physicians in NCR Delhi without delay. Timely treatment will relieve your symptoms and help you get back to your usual routines.
Common reasons why kidney stones develop
- Your diet contains more proteins, sugar, or salt
- You are an obese person
- Your family has a history of kidney stones
- You may be consuming medicines like diuretics
- Your water consumption is low
- You have high blood pressure
- You have cystic kidney disease
In the case of large kidney stones, symptoms usually include:
- Your lower abdomen or back experiences acute pain
- There is blood in your urine
- You have vomiting or nausea
- There is pain while passing urine
If your kidney stone is very small and can move easily through your urinary tract, you may not experience any symptoms.
Treatment options for kidneys stone
Treatment generally depends on the stone size and its composition. It is also based on the symptoms caused and whether the stone is obstructing your urinary tract. Visit the best General Surgery Hospital in Ghaziabad to get a perfect diagnosis.
Treatment in the case of a very small kidney stone
The doctor will prescribe pain medicines to relieve your symptoms. He will tell you to drink plenty of water so that your stone passes easily through your urinary tract.
Treatment for a large kidney stone
There are a number of options for treating a large kidney stone, such as:
- Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL): In this method, the surgeon breaks the kidney stone using shock waves. The small pieces of the stone then easily pass out of your urinary tract
- Ureteroscopy: This procedure involves using a long tool to locate the stone and break it into tiny pieces. In the case of a small stone, it is easy for a surgeon to remove the stone. When the stone is large, the surgeon uses a laser to break the stone
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): This rare surgery involves inserting a tube into your kidney to remove the stone.
Developing a kidney stone can be very painful for you and will hamper your normal routines. It is, therefore, always best to avoid such a condition. To help you prevent getting kidney stones, we have provided some useful tips.
Here is how you can prevent kidney stones
- Drink at least eight to twelve cups of fluid in a day. Those who suffer from kidney ailments and have to limit fluid intake need to consult a specialist for guidance.
- Reduce sodium intake in your diet
- Cut down the intake of animal protein
- If you have already been diagnosed with a kidney stone, let your doctor determine your kidney stone’s composition. He will then recommend a specific diet to help you prevent such stone formation in the future
If you have a kidney stone condition, you should remember never to stop your treatment till your complete recovery. Visit Santosh Hospitals, the Best General Physicians in NCR Delhi, to get yourself evaluated and to receive the best treatment options. The hospital’s experienced doctors use the most advanced equipment and techniques to diagnose and treat kidney stones. They will ensure that you get relief from your symptoms quickly, and resume your normal activities within no time.