How To Identify The Symptoms Of COVID-19 In Your Child?
The scariest term of 2020 is certainly “COVID-19”; a virus no one can see with naked eyes has wreaked havoc on the entire world, irony of fate it is. But, while the virus is dangerous for the elderly group and newborns, it has been seen, in most of the cases, that this virus is pretty incapable of harming children as such.
Statistical reports show that as much as 90% of children in China affected by COVID-19 were asymptomatic with a moderate ailment.
However, this doesn’t mean children are absolutely safe from its grip, responsible parents like you must be aware at all times to protect your children from the wrath of this highly infectious virus.
Parents must stand by their children come rain or shine, so if you feel your child has started to show symptoms of Coronavirus then do not waste a single moment. Visit the best children hospital in Ghaziabad Santosh Hospitals, right away.
Symptoms of Covid-19 in children
For parents who are not sure about the symptoms of COVID-19 in your child, don’t worry, this blog is just the thing you need to understand all the essential points which will ensure proper and timely treatment for the apple of your eyes.
· The most common symptoms that you will notice in your child are; fever with chills, cough, and breathlessness, or heavy breathing. Furthermore, you will see symptoms of the common cold such as runny nose, sharp pain in the throat; the pain can be too much, your child might have difficulty in swallowing food, and congestion in the chest. If with each breath the muscles get pulled in between the ribs too hard or if the nostrils puff out too hard while breathing then your child might need hospitalization.
· Pain in muscles accompanied by acute headaches.
· Slowly your child may fail to understand smell or taste. Although, this symptom i.e. loss of smell and taste is more common among adults.
· In some children, severe digestive disorders are noticed such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and so on.
· Irritability in children is very common, they might become restless. Some young children who can’t express their condition verbally will cry or will get annoyed easily. Again, in some children anxiety is prevalent in case they know the damages COVID-19 can cause. This change in behavior is very common and you must pay attention to the changes because this is a key way to know if your child has contracted the diseases or not.
· The energy level in your child will decrease i.e. the child will become lethargic or get tired easily.
· Look for signs like blotchy or pale skin or the amount of sweat or the intensity of dizziness. Your child might be too sleepy with a confused state of mind.
· Another severe symptom to look for is whether the body is showing any sort of inflammation. This generally happens after a few weeks of the infection. Researchers all over the globe are busy finding out whether or not this symptom is somehow related to coronavirus. The name of this symptom is Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in children (MIS-C).
· MIS-C symptoms will include fever, stomach ache accompanied by diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, pain in the neck region, red and chapped lips, fatigue, red eyes, swelling in hands and feet, and lymph nodes will swell up.
The bottom line is, even if your child gets cured, you must pay attention to his or her overall health because MIS-C can follow. In this regard, it is mention-worthy that, Santosh Hospitals is the top pediatric hospital in Ghaziabad which specializes in providing world-class child healthcare services. Do reach out to their helpline number in case of any emergency.